Consumptions of dairy products is good for health, it has various nutrients which is required for human growth and development. Dairy products are beneficial for bone health it keeps bones strong and healthy.
“To make healthier choices, go for lower-fat milk and dairy foods”.
The nutrients found in dairy food are Calcium, Vitamin D, Potassium and Protein. They are main and rich source apart from them vitamin b12, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus etc.
- Calcium is used for building bones and teeth and in maintaining bone mass.
- Vitamin D functions in the body to maintain proper levels of calcium and phosphorous, thereby helping to build and maintain bones.
- Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dairy products, especially yogurt, fluid milk, and soymilk (soy beverage), provide potassium.
KEY BENEFITS OF DAIRY PRODUCTS
- Intake of dairy products is linked to improved bone health, and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- The intake of dairy products is especially important to bone health during childhood and adolescence, when bone mass is being built.
- Intake of dairy products is also associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, and with lower blood pressure in adults.
- Cultured dairy foods like yogurt contain probioticswhich provide a wide array of health benefits. Probiotics in the diet can enhance the good bacteria in the gut, improve health and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
A SINGLE CUP (244 GRAMS) OF MILK CONTAINS
- Calcium: 276mg (28% of the RDA)
- Vitamin D: 24% of the RDA
- Riboflavin (B2): 26% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 18% of the RDA
- Potassium: 10% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 22% of the RDA
It also contains decent amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamins B1 and B6, Selenium, Zinc and Magnesium. This is coming with 146 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 8 grams of high quality animal protein and 13 grams of carbohydrate.
SOUQ INTERNATIONAL MARKET
We, The SOUQ INTERNATIONAL MARKET Lawrenceville based have wide variety of products including dairy products. Products include milk, cheeses, yogurts, and other imported specialty dairy products from many Middle Eastern countries and cultures.
We also offer a wide selection of dairy products and frozen foods from all around the world and many rare Mediterranean specialty dairy products, the largest selection you can find around Metro Atlanta.