Power Bowls are becoming a food trend. Made from vegetables, grains, proteins, they are a healthy meal choice that is more filling than the salad. There are different recipes to meet anyone’s preferences; from vegetable-based dinners to light and easy breakfasts. Simply combine everything you’ve got in the pantry and fridge to prepare the perfect bowl for your taste.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH SOUQ: THE PERFECT BOWLS FOR YOUR TASTE
Skip telling Siri to find a “Mediterranean Buddha Bowl near me” and check out how easy these bowls are to prepare from home.
Mediterranean Buddha Bowl Recipe
Buddha Bowl has a lot to offer. It is filled with a variety of nutritious ingredients necessary to eat, at least once in a while. Besides, it tastes very delicious.
For the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried, skins discarded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the quinoa:
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup of water
For the salad:
- 2 cups mixed field greens or lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Homemade hummus or store-bought
Chicken Artichoke Bowl Recipe
I love that with this recipe I can make one for dinner and wrap one for the freezer!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets
- 300g marinated artichokes, drained, quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups wild rocket
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
Spinach Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
This breakfast bowl is high in protein and very easy to put together. It can be served with different ingredients so you can mix and match differently every time.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 cup(s) pkg. All Natural Central Market Quick Cook Grains Bulgur & Red Quinoa, cooked according to directions
- 2 cup(s) spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) avocado, diced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp Dip It Jalapeño Labneh
POWER BOWLS ARE GREAT FOR EASY MEAL PREP RECIPES
The hardest thing about some recipes is that they aren’t easy to get prepared in the winter due to the lack of the ingredients in the market. Power Bowls can be cooked by anything you’ve got in the pantry and fridge like eggs, corn, avocado, and so on.
I assume everyone has a busy schedule at work or with kids, so there is not enough time to cook complicated meals. Thus, we are in the hunt for healthy, quick, and delicious recipes.
Use your leftovers to make a big bowl turned into something new. I am sure your family will enjoy it more than every other meal you have served so far.
KEEP IN TOUCH